Search Engine Optimization in the Material handling industry
Let's face it, everyday its getting more competitive to do business online. Now more than ever, you are relying heavily on your website to bring in more sales. And why not? the content on your website seems to be getting the message across; it's convincing, clear and very informal. but beyond providing good content to your shoppers, there is the website itself. While the content maybe getting the message across to the readers, it is not helping your website get to the top of search engines like Google
So you decide to venture into SEO
, if you are new to SEO
stands for "Search Engine Optimization
, it is the process of getting traffic from the "free"
listings on the search engines. All Major search engines such as Google and Bing have such results. If you are familiar with the subject, then you are one step ahead of the game and possibly one step ahead of your competition.
It's really up to you. You have two options.
- Hire someone in-house (full time employee)
- Hire a local SEO agency or individual to help you.
Now that you know your options, lets explore what the benefits are. Hopefully by the time you're done reading this article, you'll know which option works best for your company.
Hiring someone full time
Hiring someone full time has its Pros and Cons. Understand that Search Engine Optimization is not something you perform once and simply forget about it. Search Engine Optimization takes time, dedication and constant monitoring, do-to-the on going changes done to the Google Search Engine algorithms. Since 2011, Google engineers have been aggressively pushing new search algorithms to the Google Search engines, known as filters. These filters known as the Google Panda Roll, the Google Dance and the Google Penguin were not designed to penalize anyone's website, they were designed to provide a better search experience to the end users. So what does this really mean? It means you need to make your pages more relevant to the search engines. for example this page is about "Search Engine Optimization for the material handling industry
" and I'm sticking to the subject.
So therefore, If your page is about "Used Material Handling Equipment
" stick to the topic. stuffing keywords will not help, Google does not rely on keywords to server relevant organic pages. Now-a-days, Google relies on your page titles, description and content, to serve organic results, there are other parameters that you need to take into account, but for the sake of this article and company trade secrets I will keep it at a minimal. (Your SEO expert should know what they are). So having someone full time employee makes sense, but it can be costly. The average starting salary for an experienced SEO expert, starts at about 60 to 80K a year. The more experienced your SEO expert is? the higher the salary you will need to pay. Below are some Pros and Cons to hiring an in-house full time SEO expert.
What are the PROS and CONS of hiring an employee to manage your SEO?
- Employee is committed to your company's success
- In House monitoring and reporting
- Continuous advise and strategics planning sessions
- Employee reports directly to you
- Continious tweaking and fine tuning your pages for optimal ranking exposure.
- Allows you to compete aggressively in the market
- Adding one more person to your payroll
- Must provide Health Insurance & Benefits
- Employer might leave the job for a better paying job and your SEO project suffers the consequence.
- Company Secrets might be exposed to your competitors
- Need to hire new employee
- Time and resources were spent
- Your company's website suffers the temporary shift in schedule.
Now let's look at the benefits of hiring an SEO agency or individual to help with your search engine optimization.
Hiring an SEO agency or individual to help you with your SEO can be a tedious, when they all claim to be the best.
Hiring an SEO agency or individual to help you with your SEO can be tedious, because every SEO firm out there claims to be the best. I am not discrediting other agencies, I'm sure they are good at what they do, but they lack the most important thing and that is "Industry Experience"
MH Marketing Solutions provides Search Engine optimization services to the Material Handling, distribution centers and 3-PL Industries only
... Why, you may ask?
because we understand the industry and most of all what it takes to help you reach your SEO goals.
Questions you may want to ask when hiring an SEO firm or individual:
- How many years experience do you have with SEO?
- Do you have experience in the Material Handling Industry?
- Can you show me a few examples of your work, please provide me with at least 3 keywords that you are proud of.
- What companies or company do you currently work for, what is your role?
- Upon hiring you, what is your approach or strategy with my website?
- How long do you think it will take for my website to start ranking?
- Do you guarantee top 3 or top 10 positioning in any of the search engines like Google or Bing?
- What tools will you use to monitor my website?
(for the answers please contact us
If the SEO agent can answer all of the questions above and answered all 8 questions correctly he or she is a keeper... If he didn't answer them appropriately? please give us a call, we can help.
For more information on search engine optimization for the material handling industry please contact us at: 760.881.3255
Share the love! Share this post!